Welcome to Aurora Medical Centre
We are a General Practice Medical Centre serving our Local Community since 2001. We are a fully Accredited Practice with GPA Plus which means our Medical Centre meets the Safety and Quality Standards set by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. We are dedicated to delivering high quality care to our patients for the benefit of each patient’s health and well being. All our GP’s are Vocationally Registered with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and committed to Continuing Professional Development.
Corona Virus Phone Consults
During this COVID-19 health crisis, the Australian government has allowed GP’s to perform Bulk Billed phone consultations until the crisis is over.
All patients are now eligible for phone consultations, however we particularly encourage the following people to make use of this service:
- All patients aged 70 years and older
- People who have chronic health conditions or are immuno-compromised e.g. Heart disease and high Blood Pressure, Lung diseases like Asthma and Emphysema, Diabetes, Cancer, and Neurological disorders like Parkingson’s disease, stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Pregnant women
- People who meet current testing criteria for COVD-19 and are at risk of having the infection
- People who have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- People who are required to be in isolation by the health authorities
- A parent of a child under 12 months old
- Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander 50 years and over
To make an appointment call reception on 9631 3244 and ask for a “PHONE CONSULTATION”. We will call you at your booking time (may be a little later if the Doctor is running late). Make sure your phone number is up to date.Alternatively you can now book online.
For more Information on COVID-19 please phone the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
or visit the following websites: –Australian Government Department of Health www.health.gov.au
–World Health Organization www.who.int
We are open Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 6:00 pm .We are now open Sat 8 am to 1 pm. Our Blood Collection/Pathology Tests Centre is open Sat 8 am to 11 am . We are currently Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Booking an Appointment
To arrange a consultation please contact our Receptionists on Phone: 96313244 during surgery hours (8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 1:00pm Saturday). Patients are encouraged to choose one doctor and have most, or all, of their consultations with the same doctor if possible. Patients requiring a longer consultation (eg multiple problems or requiring a longer discussion with the doctor) should advise the receptionist that they need a longer consultation (30 min appointment). Home visits are available to existing patients of our practice. Walk-in patients are accepted pending availability of doctors. Patients with bookings are given priority except in emergencies.
New and existing Patients of our Medical Centre may now Book Online with their doctor of choice – this is a free 24Hr service.
– Please click on the “Book appointment online” button on the top right of the screen.
– Select Date of appointment to be made
– Click on “Morning” or “Afternoon” tab next to the doctor you wish to book with
– Click on the required / available appointment time
– Choose either a phone consultation or face to face consultation
– Type in your details and follow the prompts.
– The online booking system will ask for the last four digits of your medicare card. If you don’t have a medicare card select “new patient”
and type 0000 in the medicare number field.
– Online appointments can be made up to 20 days in advance. If you would like to book further ahead please phone.(Ph 96313244)
If you have difficulties please call our receptionists to book over the phone (Ph. 9631 3244)